Before reading through the recruitment information please read the following statement:
The Interfraternity Council at Clemson University, in collaboration with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 developments and its potential impact on our fall recruitment experience. As our top priority is the safety of our potential new members and members, we will continue to informed decisions about any changes to our recruitment process as Clemson University determines next steps regarding fall operations. You are encouraged to check your university email regularly as that is where any updates will be sent.
At this time ALL of IFC Recruitment will be virtual for Fall 2020. The information below reflects that. There will be no in-person events for recruitment, including chapter hosted events. All events will be virtual.
The following is the relevant information about IFC Fall Rush 2020:
Hello! Thank you for registering for Clemson University IFC Fall Rush 2020. Please be sure to read through all the information below before advancing. Please also be sure to keep a check on your Clemson university email that you have listed on your registration, that is where all rush communication will be sent to.
1. All first-year and transfer students are eligible to participate.
2. If you are a returning Clemson student, you must have a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
3. Current Bridge Students are not able to participate.
4. The cost of registration is $50.
5. This cost goes towards reserving space for IFC Rush and assists with the functions of the Interfraternity Council.
6. IFC Rush will following this structure:
· Round 1: Meet the PNMs (7/27/20 – 9/11/20)
· Round 2: Meet the Fraternities/Virtual Pre-Rush (8/19/20 – 9/11/20)
· Round 3: Informal Rush Events (9/16/20 – 9/24/20)
· Round 4: Bid Distribution (9/25/20)
(More information on this can be found by visiting https://www.clemson-ifc.com/recruitment)
Pre-Rush Education Requirements
You must complete all of the Fall 2020 Pre-Rush Education Requirements in order to be eligible to participate in Rush and receive a bid. All Pre-Rush Education for Fall 2020 is presented virtually using self-paced modules. There will be no make-up opportunities. Deadline to complete is 9/11/20 at 11:59p.m.
7. Anti-Hazing Education Module – Online. Access instructions.
8. StepUP! Bystander Intervention – Online. Access information is included in the registration confirmation email.
9. IFC Recruitment Orientation – Online. Access information is included in the registration confirmation email.
Tucker Hipps Transparency Act and Chapter Conduct Reports
10. Please visit the below link to review the current status of fraternity and sorority organizations with Clemson University. http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/fraternity-sorority-life/conduct-reports.html
Bid Acceptance Rate
11. Approximately 60% of men who participate in IFC Recruitment receive a bid.
12. Registering for rush does not guarantee you a bid.
Alcohol in IFC Rush
13. Student Organizations are not allowed to have alcohol at their recruitment events. Recruitment events prior to and the beginning of rush week must be alcohol-free. Organizations and individuals who choose to utilize alcohol during recruitment may lead to their organization being suspended from Clemson University and students may face individual conduct charges. This includes virtual events.
Verification of Registration for IFC Rush
14. You should receive a confirmation email immediately upon completing your registration. If you do not, please email email@example.com.
15. If you do not pay the registration fee, you will not be allowed to participate.
16. IFC Director of Recruitment: Jake Robert Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
17. Associate Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life: Joe Strickland (email@example.com)
18. For more information regarding the IFC Fraternities at Clemson University or the Rush process, visit the Clemson IFC Website (www.clemson-ifc.com).
19. Due to rush being virtual, attire will be at the discretion of the chapters for the events they host.