Before reading through the recruitment information please read the following statement:
The Interfraternity Council at Clemson University, in collaboration with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 developments and its potential impact on our fall recruitment experience. As our top priority is the safety of our potential new members and members, we will make an informaed decision about any changes to our recruitment process after Clemson University determines next steps regarding fall operations.
While the specific dates have been announced and registration is open, the details and contingency plans for IFC Recruitment will be announced at a later date. Additional information will be released as soon as plans are finalized via the IFC website and social media. Updates will also be posted to this message on CampusDirector.
Hello! This is the website to register for Clemson University IFC Fall Rush 2020. Please be sure to read through all the information below before advancing. Rush registration will be active on Monday, June 1, 2020, until Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 11:55p.m.
1. All first-year and transfer students are eligible to participate.
2. If you are a returning Clemson student, you must have a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
3. Current Bridge Students are not able to participate.
4. The cost of registration is $50.
5. This cost goes towards reserving space for IFC Rush and assists with the functions of the Interfraternity Council.
6. Fall Rush will begin on Saturday, September 5, 2020, and go through Friday, September 11, 2020.
Pre-Rush Education Requirements
You must complete all of the Fall 2019 Pre-Rush Education Requirements in order to be eligible to participate in Rush and receive a bid.
8. Anti-Hazing Education Module – Online, registration will be added to this page soon.
9. StepUP! Bystander Intervention – On campus once classes start, information coming soon.
10. IFC Recruitment Orientation – On campus once classes start, information coming soon.
Tucker Hipps Transparency Act and Chapter Conduct Reports
11. Please visit the below link to review the current status of fraternity and sorority organizations with Clemson University. http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/fraternity-sorority-life/conduct-reports.html
Bid Acceptance Rate
12. Approximately 60% of men who participate in IFC Recruitment receive a bid.
13. Registering for rush does not guarantee you a bid.
Alcohol in IFC Rush
14. Student Organizations are not allowed to have alcohol at their recruitment events. Recruitment events prior to and the beginning of rush week must be alcohol-free. Organizations and individuals who choose to utilize alcohol during recruitment may lead to their organization being suspended from Clemson University and students may face individual conduct charges.
Verification of Registration for IFC Rush
15. You should receive an email confirmation within 5 business days of completing the IFC Rush Registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email, contact Joe Strickland (email@example.com)
16. If you do not pay the registration fee, you will not be allowed to participate.
17. IFC Director of Recruitment: Jake Robert Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
18. Associate Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life: Joe Strickland (email@example.com)
19. For more information regarding the IFC Fraternities at Clemson University or the Rush process, visit the Clemson IFC Website (www.ifc-clemson.com).
20. It is common to wear a button down shirt for the smokers events, sports coats for the first round, and a tie/sports coats for the Final Invitation Round. However, please dress for the weather!