Thank you for registering for Panhellenic Recruitment at Western Illinois University. Please be sure to check back for information and visit our Instagram @wiuphc or website at www.wiu.edu/fsl, for more information about our community. Your registration is confirmed. You will receive a detailed complete schedule during PNM Orientation Wednesday, September 6th at 7:00 PM in the Capitol Room in the University Union. It is very important to attend all recruitment dates. If for some reason you know in advance you cannot attend one of the recruitment rounds please e-mail email@example.com.
You may often hear the acronym 'PNM' - this is short for 'Potential New Member' which is YOU as you have registered for recruitment!
You can view the Panhellenic lookbook for more information & outfit inspiration!
- Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment events range from August 24, 2023 – Friday, September 8, 2023. Some chapters may host an additional celebratory event on September 10, 2023.
- Panhellenic Recruitment Information Session - Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 6:00PM in the University Union Capitol Room.
- This event is for anyone looking to participate in recruitment and would like to learn more information about upcoming recruitment events.
- Panhellenic Sorority Open House Days - August 26 - September 5, 2023 with no events being held September 1 - 4, 2023.
- Open House Days (OHD) will be an introduction to the chapter/sorority and should strongly encourage any student that might be interested to attend whether registered for recruitment or not.
- You MUST attend at least 1 event from each of the 5 chapters in order to be eligible for primary recruitment. Each chapter is hosting 3 events that you can attend.
- Recruitment Orientation - Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:00PM.
- This is mandatory to participate in recruitment. If you have an obligation you cannot get out of (ie. class/practice) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PNMs will learn about the primary recruitment process for the 2 invitation rounds and Bid Day and meet the Panhellenic Executive Board member assigned to them as support.
- PNMs will input their preferences of chapters that would like to attend for the first invitation round.
- First Invitational Event/Philanthropy Day - Thursday, September 7, 2023.
- Only PNMs that have registered for recruitment & have attended an Open House Event from all 5 chapters are eligible to participate.
- All events are being hosted in the University Union.
- PNMs are required to check-in at the Brattain Lounge 4:30PM - 5:00PM. Events will conclude no later than 9:00PM.
- Preference Event - Friday, September 8, 2023
- Only PNMs that have registered for recruitment & have attended an Open House Event from all 5 chapters & the 1st Invitation Round/Philanthropy Day event they were scheduled for are eligible to participate.
- All events are being hosted in the University Union &/or approved housed facility (DZ or Tri Sigma).
- PNMs are required PNMs to arrive for check-in at the Brattain Lounge between 2:00PM - 2:30PM. Events will conclude no later than 6:00PM.
- Bid Night - Friday, September 8, 2023
- PNMs that are matched with a sorority through the recruitment process are required to check back in at the Union at 8PM. This celebratory event is to announce to which chapters PNMs match & allow them to
run home" to their new chapters.